Saturday, January 15, 2022

Saturday Matinee - Betrayal


 
 
"I don't understand it!!! Why would you do this???"
"I had to....you know I had to....they were closing in on us....I don't want to go to prison....do you?"
"But to change into a woman....I don't even know how you did it....maybe I understand why....but how....how could this be real?"
"I spent some of the money....not as much as you might think Vinny....it's an old bookstore I know....the owner is a fellow named Damien and he dabbles in the dark arts..."
"You mean like witchcraft!!!"
"Well....not exactly....think of it as ancient forgotten science from a more magical time...."
"And this Damien sold you the...magic?"
"Again....not exactly....When I went to the shop to talk to him about it he wasn't there....instead it was a hot young woman named Dee....she said she could take care of me...whatever I needed!!! It took a while but I realized she had a strong resemblance to Damien, so I asked if they were related..."

"I hate to interrupt you Miss...."
"It's Dee."
"Yes...I hate to interrupt you Dee....but are you perhaps related to Damien?"
"In a way....you could say we're very close..."
"The last time I spoke to Damien he said he had something for me that would be the ultimate disguise...and I need to disappear...."
"And why is that?"
"I have my reasons...so did he leave something for me...the name is Dutch...."
"Oh yes Dutch...he had something really special for you....but he wasn't really sure it would work...and he didn't want you to come after him...he knows what happens to people who cross you..."
"C'mon I need to know...did he leave something for me or not?"
Holding up a small vial of a silvery liquid, she smiled.
"Yes he left this for you....two drops and your own mother won't recognize you!"
"And you're sure it works...."
"Absolutely certain....after all....you didn't recognize me did you?"
"Why would I....wait....holy crap....Damien...it's you!!!"
"In the flesh...."
"Does it wear off or is it permanent?"
"Permanent as far as I know!!!"
"Well here's the cash, you went a long way to make a sale..."
"It's been something I've been thinking about for a long time...."
"I just hope I turn out ten percent as good as you..."
"I hope so too....now if you don't mind....I have a date and she's going to be pretty surprised!!!"
"Oh sure....maybe I'll see you sometime...."
"You never know...."

"Alright goddammit Dutch....I get it....you're going to get away clean....nobody will connect you with the pretty blonde you are now....but what about me?"
"What about you....well it's a long story...."
"Just explain why my dick is gone and I've got one tit but the rest of me is still the same!!!"
"I kind of spilled the liquid....and I only had one drop left to give you....so it didn't work completely...."
"So go back and see your friend Damien...or Dee...whatever....and get more....."
"I'm afraid Dee left town with her girlfriend and her new boyfriend....I don't know where they went!!!
"So I'm stuck like this....halfway between....with my face on all those wanted posters...and you get to walk away....I don't think so...."

An unidentified woman was found beaten to death in a tenement in the North Ward today...police suspect known bank robber and multiple murderer Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll based on evidence found at the scene....anyone with information on Coll's whereabouts are urged to call their local police or the nearest FBI office.

















2 comments:

  1. No witnesses! The perfect getaway!

    That was dark, but also a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was darker at the end than I intended it to be....but that's what happens sometimes....I mean it's not like I'm in control of these characters!!!
      Dark story and once I added Damien/Dee into the mix....well it just went off on its own!!!
      Thanks....I love the feedback on these weekend tales....I wish I got more....
      A free buttered popcorn is waiting for you in the lobby....I buttered it myself so I know it's good!!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete