Saturday, October 19, 2024

Recovery

 I was asked about my recovery from the auto accident I was involved in and I thought some of you might want an update.
All in all I had fifteen surgeries on my leg including a cosmetic procedure that dealt with a lot of the scarring.
I’m full of titanium rods and plates along with plenty of screws holding it all together. If you were to kick me in the leg it would probably hurt you more than me.
I’m still walking with a limp but it’s not as pronounced as it was and I’m still continuing with physical therapy.

I have mostly retired from my job but my boss has retained me as a consultant. 

Spending more time at home is a mixed blessing. I don’t miss the commute to work but it can get lonely sometimes.

I still have almost all of Kaaren’s things. I’ve tried several times to box them up and move them into the garage but in a day or so I put it all back while having a good cry.

I’ve been seeing a man that I met at physical therapy. He was injured in a motorcycle accident and lost three toes. He laughed about it when he told me about the accident. He pointed out that he went off the road at high speed and is still amazed that he’s alive., 
It’s the laughter that got to me. And he made me laugh with him. I haven’t done much laughing since Kaaren’s been gone.

He said he wished he could take me out dancing but he lost his twinkle toes in the accident.

It’s not too serious between us but I have to admit he is very good in bed. If anything, it’s me that’s been holding back. Not because I don’t want him, I do, very much so. Truth be told I think it’s because he’s not Kaaren.
I know it’s not fair to him but I can’t help it. Luckily he’s been pretty understanding and patient with me.

In case anyone is interested my friend and former assistant Stacy has moved into an executive position and she’s getting married! I couldn’t be happier for her.. I wonder if she’s still using her strap-on? I haven’t asked and she hasn’t told me. Her fiancé is a soft spoken and sweet man. I can picture him bent over for her but my mind is always in the gutter!

I thought about selling the house. I was showing the realtor around and she asked me about Kaaren’s room.
It was so pretty and girly that when I told her that it had been Kaaren’s bedroom she just assumed that she was my daughter.
She mentioned that a lot of parents downsized after the kids moved out and I started to cry.
I haven’t followed through with listing the house.
Don’t know if I can.

Anyway, physically I’m getting better. Mentally the pain of loss is still there and probably always will be. But it’s becoming easier to bear as time goes by.

I have a date tonight and he’s going to come home with me. I’m going to rock his world.

That’s all for now. I still have hundreds of posts to go through. Kaaren was quite prolific. Hopefully I’ll get to post them all.

Be well.

Mrs K








4 comments:

  1. I only knew Karen through our blogs. But a little note about her. I've battled depression since my teens ( that's 45 years now) in 2019 I was going down hill rapidly. I did not write about it really but Karen did pick up on my situation and asked after me. As things went I didn't get a chance to thank her but it was very appreciated. I just felt the need to share that . I hope your own recovery continues. Body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Kaaren had a gift for reading between the lines and I’m so glad he reached out to you when you needed it.
      I hope you’re doing better now.
      You and I both benefited from having Kaaren in our lives.

      Be well.

      Mrs K


      Delete
  2. thank you for the update, and I'm so glad you're doing better, and have found someone to help you fill the void left by Kaaren.

    Thank you also for the news about Stacy; I'd wondered what had happened to her.

    And lastly, thank you for continuing to share Kaaren's posts, and his life with all of us.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been my pleasure to continue to post Kaaren’s work.
      His blogs were very important to him and he left so many posts behind that I thought it would be disrespectful not to share them.

      Thank you for your notes.

      Mrs K


      Delete