Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday Matinee - Big Plans

"Yeah it was a damned shame I had to pull the trigger....but he was gonna ruin the sweetest deal I ever had! Gimme a light and I'll tell you about it...."

"I was always low level....a nobody....not even considered a soldier....I was more of a mob hanger-on....they kept me around to run errands and things....but I had plans....I wanted to be on top!!!"
"I found a doc that would do what I wanted for a price and I didn't have that kind of cash but Big Paulie did....so I told him what I wanted and what I wanted it for and I promised I would make it worth his while....Big Paulie was ambitious too and he agreed to give me the money...."
"So there I was....a few months later.....looking like the hottest dame on Broadway and getting everyone's attention....I knew them all and not a one of them recognized me as I made my way into their circle with my eye set on the Boss, Frankie Martin!"
"Soon I was on his arm and everyone backed off....no one messed with Frankie's girl....I was learning how the organization worked from top to bottom....and planning my takeover!"
"Sure I had to do things no guy should ever have to do but I just closed my eyes and did it....it was the only way my plan would work! Big Paulie would pull me aside and complain....he wanted me for himself....he said he'd paid for me so he owned me...."
"This went on for awhile until finally Big Paulie could take no more....he came to claim me at Frankie's office....they fought and it ended with Frankie on the floor with a couple of slugs in him...."
"I wasn't ready to take over yet, Paulie became the new boss and he took me as his prize!!! And again I did some things I'm pretty ashamed of but I was getting used to it now!"
"Soon the time was right.....I had a few of the guys lined up to back me....they didn't like Paulie and they wouldn't miss him...."
"I waited to catch him off guard and when the time came I was kind of sorry....he had taken me to dinner and back at his place I thought it was just gonna be another night of....well of things.....but he surprised me and got down on his knees and pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him!"
"He was talking about going away together, starting over, little house in the country with a white picket fence, maybe adopt a couple of kids...."
"Had he forgotten who I was, why I had done this???"
"I agreed to be his bride and as he slipped the ring on my finger I reached for my revolver and blew his brains out..."
"I wanted to be the Boss and finally I had done it.....I was the Boss!"
"So now you know the story Lieutenant, yeah I killed him and I wish I was sorry but I'm not....so take me down to Headquarters and I'll sign the confession...."
"No, I don't think so," the Lieutenant stubbed out his cigarette, "who would believe a story like that!"
"You're right Lieutenant....I barely believe it myself!!!"










No comments:

Post a Comment