Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday Matinee - The Mummy



It was amazing....no matter how fast she ran , the shambling bandaged Mummy kept getting closer and closer until....
She shrieked when the bandaged hand fell on her shoulder!!!!
"Please....let me go.....why are you after me!!!!"
Before he could answer she swooned and fainted away into his arms!
He carried her to the museum....where his temple had been restored....where the bodies of the fools who thought they could control him lay scattered on the floor!
He carried her to the altar of Osiris, the god of the Underworld, and placed her down gently....
He opened the Book of the Dead and began to recite the incantations, repeating them more and more intensely until he heard her voice.....speaking to him from the world of the dead.....after 4000 years he heard the voice of his lover again....coming from the mouth of this modern woman...this modern double of her!!!
"Why do you summon me Imhotep....why do you disturb my rest?"
"My Princess Princess Ankh-es-en-Amon....for all these years I have been been buried alive....with only one dream keeping me from going mad.....I want to fulfill the promise we made to each other....do you remember? It was the night the Pharaoh's Guards caught us just as we began...."
"Yes Imhotep I remember it well.....as would anyone remember the night of their death!!!"
"I never thought it would happen....but these men released me from that cursed grave and I am now free to beseech you to fulfill the promise you made to me on that dark night so long ago!!!!"
 "Does it still mean that much to you, Imhotep....is it still what you desire!!!!"
"It is all I have thought of for millennia, my love....please answer the prayers I offer to Osiris....please pray with me to grant that which I desire more than anything in this world....or in any world!"
"Very well Imhotep....my love for you has not diminished since that black night....if it's still what you desire I shall pray with you!!!"

Moments later her eyelids fluttered open and she turned to see the bandages and dust on the floor....slipping off the altar she took a moment to straighten her clothing and then walked, a little unsteadily, toward the exit....
Imhotep was dead, as he should have been thousands of years ago....his soul however finally found the home it had yearned for....he was finally the woman he had always wanted to be....Praise the Gods!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment