Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Eisenhower Years - Sissies Through History

"Yes it's really lovely and it should make his skirts flare beautifully."
"His?"
"Oh did I say his...silly me...of course I meant mine....what colors did you say it came in?"
"Red, white, pink and black."
""I'll take six of each please...size large."
"But Mrs. McCarthy surely you wear a small...or a medium at most!"
"I said large...six of each ...please....and bill my husbands account,,,that's Senator Joseph...."
"I understand completely Ma'am, enjoy your purchases! I'd stay away from the red ones if I were you!"













2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just adding a little historical perspective! History was always my favorite subject and I love to curl up with a nice book on,,,well this week it's "A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century" by Barbara W Tuchman!
      Surprise you sweetie?

      Delete