Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday Matinee - A Blast From The Past


 
Ted found the old computer the local Flea Market....and after some haggling he got it and a box of "software" for five bucks!!!
It was heavier than he'd expected and so he'd made two trips to the car to load it....when he came back for the box of software the seller pulled him aside...
"Look I found this other floppy disc....five more bucks and it's yours...."
"I don't think so.....what's the label say on it...."
"Let's see.....it says Master Restoration Program....sounds important...."
"Nah.....no thanks....I don't want to spend anymore on it..."
"Four bucks?"
"No thanks"
"Okay then....have a good day....hope you don't need a Restoration Program...."
"I'll be fine...."
The seller watched him go....he smiled....
He drove home chuckling to himself....imagine that guy trying to get another five bucks out of me....and what the hell was a Restoration Program anyway....
He put the old computer in his garage and went in to dinner with his wife....
She smiled at her husband....
"So Ted....I see you've brought more junk home...."
"It was only five bucks....and I'm curious to see if I can get it to work...I've never heard of the manufacturer....."
"You're such a nerd...."
"And you're a nerd lover!!!"
And the computer was forgotten about....just like that...
Several days later he went out to the garage and looked over the old PC...
He took out his phone and searched the internet for the manufacturer and model number...
"Let's see....made by....Inferno....never heard of them....and it's a model Faust6660....nope no hits on that either....Oh well there were lots of small companies that sold PCs back in the day...."
He plugged it in to a power strip and hit the power button.....to his surprise it booted up in just a couple of minutes.....the welcome screen had a user agreement....he used the old square mouse to click on the agreement....it had been incredibly long and the language was so riddled with legalese that he just clicked OK....after all, he reasoned, what's the worst that could happen....even though it had a port for an external modem....he had no intention of even trying to connect it to his home network....
After the welcome screen, as it loaded it's operating system, he noticed that it wasn't any version of Windows he'd ever seen....well some of these early PC companies had tried to create their own systems....this was going to be more interesting than he'd first thought...
He slowly learned to navigate through the various programs....and many of them had user agreements just like the initial boot screen....he clicked through all  of them....
There was a word processor and a spreadsheet program....pretty standard stuff....except there was something wonky with the word processor.....no matter what letters he typed the screen displayed something else....it appeared to be Latin....he hadn't even tried Latin since he was an altar boy....and strangely....it kept adding characters even after he stopped typing...he couldn't read it but when the option to save it popped up he decided to save it and maybe get someone to translate it for him later....even the save document window was odd....it offered to let him "Activate" or "Banish"....some programmer was being a wiseass back in the day....He chose activate and the screen swirled as the program shut down....that was a pretty neat effect!!!
There were other programs....mundane stuff....then he found his way to an entertainment group....again pretty mundane stuff....checkers, solitaire, and something called Infernal Gates....intrigued he clicked on it....must be their own proprietary games or something....
There was only one icon there....the Master Transformation Program....he immediately thought of the floppy disc he'd passed up, but clicked through to the program anyway!
The screen slowly opened....displaying pictures of beautiful women in surprisingly high resolution....all of them clad in alluring lingerie hiding their charms....pretty tame by today's standards....but beautiful in a way that just held his eyes....
Another lengthy User Agreement popped up....this one was the longest yet....and he scrolled through it to the bottom and agreed to it.....
Another box opened above the pictures asking him to choose one....
It must be like some kind of sexy role play game or something....he wondered where this would go....
Intrigued he clicked on the raven haired beauty in the black garter belt....
Things began to happen while he stared at the screen....he felt like he was paralyzed in place while on the screen the earlier Latin words he'd typed began to appear in letters of flame....Then he wasn't sure what happened....he must have passed out because when he came out of the stupor he knew he'd been changed....
Long dark hair tickled his shoulders and he could feel an unfamiliar weight on his chest....and he could feel the silky stockings on his legs and the frills of the garterbelt around his small waist....
"What the hell...."
But the voice was not his own....it was a soft delicate female voice....
Oh my god!!! He had become the woman on the screen.....
Looking at the screen he saw that his picture had replaced hers....
There must be some kind of way to undo this....how could he explain this to anyone....he barely believed it himself.....
Frantically he clicked on his own picture but after three tries a box opened on screen and in burning letters it read....
"To undo your only selection please load the Master Restoration Program....any further attempts will lock you into your selection for eternity"
He sat there and stared at the screen....Master Restoration Program!!!! He thought of the seller offering it to him....and he hadn't bought it!!!! What was he going to do?
A voice behind him startled him....
"Yeah Ted....it's a shame you didn't buy that disc isn't it?"
There stood the man he'd bought this damned thing from....
"Who are you? How did you get in here?"
"I was the manufacturer of this little machine here...I must say I was surprised that it brought me a new....client....after all these years.....I've switched most of my resources to Apple these days....I get dozens of new clients using my iPhone app every day...."
"You....you're the devil....."
"Okay....you can call me that....not my preferred name but it'll do for our business..."
"You can't do this to me?"
"Actually I can....you agreed to all of this....all of the User Agreements....and the pledge of your immortal soul....that was the bit in Latin that you activated....I have all the legal rights to do this...and just about anything else I want to do to you....you really should read things before you agree to abide by them...."
"But I can't be a woman....I have a wife....friends....family...."
"And I have your soul.....so what's your point?"
"Please let me change back....I'll do anything you say...."
"You'll do anything I say already....that was part of the agreements...."
"Please....please...." and he broke into tears...."
"Alright.....stop the waterworks....lets wheel and deal a bit....I have the disc right here....but it'll cost you dearly....you should have gone for the five bucks...."
"What do you want?"
"Well I don't really want you....you're an idiot....and besides your soul has been damned since that first time you masturbated at 13, I think it was, you know there's that whole...."thou shalt not cast thy seed upon the ground"...real old testament stuff....but it's a rule and it's still on the books....that's why my realm is so full and his is so empty....and just between us....his is kinda dull too..."
"But what do you want?"
"I want you to tempt and corrupt your wife for me....she's on the fast track to heaven and I just can't abide that....and so far she's been....shall we say....untemptable..."
Unknown to either of them his wife had been at the door listening....
"I'll thank you to get out of my house you foul monster....go back to the depths of hell....we don't need to make any deals with you....and take your damned machine with you!!!"
The devil reeled as if she'd struck him....
"But he'll stay like that....is that what you want?"
"What if I do? I love him....and I love him no matter what tricks you've played on him!!! Get....Out...Of....My...House!!!"
"Ah....shit!"
And he was gone....
So was the PC....
He turned to her....tears streaking his pretty face....
"But what about us? With me....like this...."
His wife walked across the room slowly and pulled him into her arms and kissed him....her...long and hard.....
He was so confused....
"But he said....you were going to heaven....he wanted me to corrupt you...."
"You know all that stuff about gay sex in the bible only referred to men don't you?"
"But...."
Her hands were slipping lightly over his new body....making him tingle in ways he never had before....
"Let me tell you a story about what I did in college before I met you...."











No comments:

Post a Comment