Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday Matinee - The Guardian


 
 
"Return the jewel now and you will come to no harm...."
"Who are you....what jewel....I don't know what you're talking about!!!!!"
"I see you as you are Mr. Cavendish....I see past this temporary shadow you wear...return the jewel so that the dead may sleep in peace...."
"I don't know who this Mr. Cavendish is....my name is Joyce Fox....you can check my passport....I'm not this man you're looking for....I'm not a man at all...as should be obvious to you!!!"
"Very clever forgeries Mr. Cavendish....but as I said....I can see you as you really are....I am the Guardian of the Jewel....as was my father and his and his for the last two millennia...and we are all born with the sight....the jewel cannot affect us or blind us to the truth...."
"You're mad....I have no jewel....I'm a British woman passing through your country on a tour of ancient places....you must release me right now....I'll bring this to our consulate....then you'll have trouble!!!!"
"Mr Cavendish....you don't understand the forces you are toying with..."
"Neither do you....when the British Consul hears of this you will be imprisoned....and I will insist upon the harshest punishment!!!!"
"Tell me Mr. Cavendish....when did you ask the jewel to shade you in this form....as a woman?"
"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about!!!"
"You see Mr. Cavendish....any wish made on the jewel becomes permanent at the next sunrise unless the wish is undone....you don't have much time left....undo what you have done...give me the jewel....and we can end this....by nightfall tomorrow....these dead will rise to search for their jewel.....and they will be unstoppable....and they will come for you...I beg of you to please return the jewel....many lives depend on it....your very own masculinity depends on it.....please!!!"
Suddenly he was unsure....his plan was to smuggle the jewel to Britain....he could avoid the authorities who might take a great interest in Henry Cavendish by appearing to them as a woman named Joyce Fox....he had never heard of all of this otherworldly business...and he'd certainly never heard of any Guardians....maybe that was why it had been so easy to steal....because no one else wanted to....
"So if I had the jewel....if I had it....and I returned it to you....this curse would not come to be....is that right?
"Yes Mr. Cavendish....everything could be undone..."
"And the dead would sleep....I wouldn't have them coming for me?"
"That's correct Mr. Cavendish...."
"It's in the hem of my dress.....take it and lets be done with this whole business!!!"
Moments later the Guardian had the jewel in his hand....
"There you have your bloody jewel....now change me back and let me go....like you promised...."
"But Mr.Cavendish....I promised no such thing....I told you only what could happen...I never said what would happen!!!"
"What do you mean!!!! Change me back....I gave you the jewel....now make me a man again...."
"I'm afraid I can't do that Mr. Cavendish....you see there's really no market for male slaves around here....but pretty English girls....you'll bring a fine price...."
"No....you can't...."
"Ah....but you see Mr. Cavendish....I can and I will....as I have done many times before...you see being a Guardian doesn't pay very well....and a man has to make a living!!!"
Cavendish looked at the window and saw the beginnings of sunrise and he knew he was lost!!!
 

 







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Franni....glad you enjoyed it....leaving a special order of popcorn for you for next time!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete
  2. It's another fun one. And let's save the Cavendish banana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one had the Cavendish magic....some of these take half a week to write,,,,some take half a month....this one took half an hour!!!
      Most of the time I'm very critical afterwards....
      I should've written it like this or that....
      But this one I was happy with right away!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete