Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday Matinee - The Formula


 
 
"Be careful with that!!!!"
"What's the matter Doctor....did you hope my memory would never return....I know what you did to me....you made me like this with this stuff!!!!"
"Please....you don't understand....I admit that I changed you...but aren't you happier like this? If your memory has returned think back on your life before the change!!!"
"Yes I'm happier now....I'm young and beautiful....but all I wanted from you was the flu vaccine....I didn't ask for all this!!!"
"Please put the flask down and we can talk about this...."
"Why Doctor? What would happen if I broke it open....would you change too....maybe change against your will like I did...."
"No....I mean yes I would change....but it has mutated....it's become infectious....if it gets released there would be no stopping it....every man on earth would become a woman.....perhaps a few would be immune....otherwise you'd be causing the extinction of mankind....so please put it down and let me store it properly.....I'm begging you!!!"
"Maybe I don't care about the future....maybe I just don't give a damn...."
"Please....put it down now or I'll be forced to kill you...."
He grabbed a scalpel from the table and held it threateningly....
"You already ended my life when you changed me into a woman....I mean I wasn't much but I was a man!!!"
"What do you want me to do? I can't change you back if that's it....the transformation is irreversible..."
"I....I don't know what I want...."
"Why don't you let me put my arms around you.....maybe we could find something to make you happy...."
"I just feel so alone...."
"Put down the container and I promise you'll never be alone again!!!"
"You mean....we....me and you....could it be?"
"Please.....just give it to me....lets not end the world....when we can start a new one together!!!"
She paused and smiled....slowly she held out the container for him....he took it and gently placed it on a shelf behind him....
He reached out to her and took her in his arms....as she pressed against him he brought up the scalpel and sliced her neck severing her carotid artery....he watched her shocked eyes dim as she bled out....
He put her body over his shoulder and carried her down to the cremation chamber in the basement....
He wasn't sure why it kept happening....this was the seventh one....the transformation went so well but their memories kept returning.....he'd adjust the formula for the next one....
The flames crackled and hissed as he turned to leave....his mind already lost in what chemical changes he'd make in the next batch!!!













2 comments:

  1. Pretty much knew where it was going from the start, but it was still lots of fun to read!

    and I have no idea what a "Tamale Town Payoff" is, but I'm sure it's not as good as your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a Tamale Town Payoff in a really long time!!!!
      I'm surprised you got this one right away because I added the grisly murder after the story had been done for a couple of days!!!!
      Glad you enjoyed it!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete