Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday Matinee - The Mummy Rises



"Wait....what's going on.....where am I!!!"
He heard her soft voice....the size of the room almost made it seem like a whisper in his ear.
"Quiet, my love, all will be clear to you as soon as we complete the ritual...."
"What ritual....who the hell are you....what is this place?"
"Let me tell you the tale my love.....you may not remember it but I remember it so well...it's all I've thought about for over 3,000 tears...."
"What do you mean 3,000 years?"
"When I finish the ritual your memories....your spirit will return....But let me tell the tale...."

We had known from the moment we first met that we were soulmates....although my father was Pharaoh and you were a common street vendor....we both felt the lightning!!!
I was confused because I rarely dallied with men....I far preferred the pleasure of female company and although my father knew he pretended it wasn't so....he had made it clear to me that no matter what else I did I must bear children to carry on the royal line!!!
I knew there were many spy holes where my father had men watching me day and night....but to be honest I think that most of them enjoyed watching me and my many lovers....I had to fight back a laugh when some nights I'd hear a distinctly male groan coming from behind an elaborately painted wall....
But then I saw you....and I was so confused....I wanted you more than I had ever wanted anyone in my life.....
I sent my agents to you to arrange a meeting and we met that very night....in secret....away from the palace of my father....where I could reveal my feelings for you and find out if you felt the same...
I bared my heart to you that night....I told you all of my secrets....I told you how I loved you but I could only ever be satisfied by another woman.....and you sat and listened to every word......with your eyes staring at me.....and you waited till I was done....and then you spoke....
You told me that after our chance encounter that thoughts of me filled your every waking moment and that when you slept I came to you in your dreams....
You told me that you had never felt anything like it before and you knew you would never feel anything like it again....not in this lifetime....you said you would give anything....sacrifice anything to be with me....
We were lost together....I loved you but could not give myself to you and you loved me but did not have what I desired....
I left, in tears, but I promised you I would find a solution....and we would be together....I swore this before the gods!!!!
I saw the pain in your eyes as I slipped away into the night to make my way back to my father's house.....I didn't notice the figure in the shadows trailing along behind me...
I went to my fathers library and pulled out all the collected knowledge of magic that we had amassed over a thousand years.....I pored over the ancient texts....some in languages I didn't understand and had to have a slave translate for me....
Weeks became months....the men watching my chambers must have been sorely disappointed because I couldn't be with anyone other than my beloved.....
Finally I found a possible solution.....it would work for me but would my love accept this....he would have to sacrifice so much.....he had said he would give anything....but had he really meant it?
Unknown to me, my father's spies were watching my every move and reporting all to him...the texts I studied....the slaves translations....all of it....and I'm not sure what part of it angered him to the point that he could forget the love a father has for a daughter....
I once again arranged to meet my one true love and presented him the solution I had found....and he agreed to all of it....without hesitation.....if it would mean we could be together he said there was no limits on what he would surrender for me!!!!
We hastily made arrangements to perform the ritual.....with the watchful spies taking it all in.....and when I returned home to make the arrangements for the ritual they hurried to my father to tell him all of my plans....
In the temple of Heka the eldest of all the gods....the god of magic and medicines...we began the ritual....invocations were chanted and sacrifices were offered and I stepped forward to complete the ritual when the soldiers rushed in and carried us away....
I was told that we were both to be cursed with eternal life as punishment....you to live and die....but  to be reborn and live and never find love....never know peace!!!
But they did worse to me.....I was made into a living mummy and buried alive....all traces of my tomb were destroyed and all that had helped entomb me were executed so that I would be there until the end of the world......
Millennia passed while I waited for the final days when Amun-Ra would end the world and free all of the trapped souls buried beneath the endless sands....
Then a group of men opened my tomb and moved my sarcophagus to this place....when they opened it I was surprised to see so many pale faces looking down at me....they were such weak men and I killed them all except one....he told me of the world and how it had changed......and I set him a task he would perform if he wished to keep his miserable life.....I tasked him with finding you, my love, I told him to find you and bring you to me so that we might complete the ritual and break these curses....and we could be together for the rest of time....
I could feel your presence in the world and I could feel that you were close....my time buried away had given me strength I had never had and senses that I was still learning how to use.....
And then he sent for me to tell me that he had found you....
He told me you hadn't understood anything he told you and he had to restrain you...he brought you here to this modern temple of Heka.....and then as instructed....he went away and killed himself.....his duties fulfilled he would go to Paradise....
And that is the tale my love.....

"Lady I think you're insane....untie me and let me out of this crazy place...."
"In a moment you will remember....you will come back to me...."
"Hey what the hell is that!!!! You better not be thinking of using that on me!!!"
"I'll be gentle my love....and when I have entered you you will become the woman of my dreams....and I have dreamt of you for thousands of years....since that first time I saw you.....and now we will be together...."
And she stepped forward and their dreams were suddenly true......after all the time....all the suffering....they were finally joined together.....and thunder crashed above and lightning flashed as their curses were broken and once again the gods smiled down at them as the two women stepped away from the altar and out into a new world....








No comments:

Post a Comment