Sunday, February 20, 2022

A Note About Kaaren

Some of you may have noticed a sudden end to "Kaaren's" posts last Tuesday.
The truth of the matter is that by Tuesday afternoon my husband had become quite ill and was taken via ambulance to our local hospital on orders of our family physician.
His diagnosis was pneumonia.
"Kaaren" was admitted and placed on broad spectrum antibiotics intravenously, and oxygen.
On Wednesday they placed him on a ventilator to help him breathe.
Thursday he was responding well enough to the drugs that they felt it would be alright to take him back off the ventilator.
His lungs were clearing and he continued to improve on  Friday although still not enough to allow me to bring him home.
They've held him this weekend and continued the antibiotics and I've just gotten off the phone with my Doctor who, to my joy, told me I can check him out and bring him home on Monday!
He will still need some care at home and I must be vigilant for any reoccurring symptoms, but my Sweetheart will be home with me and that's all that counts!
I don't know when he might start posting to his blogs again, probably sooner rather than later.
I got off the phone with him not long ago and he asked me to post this update.
So there you have it.
 
Mrs.K 



 

11 comments:

  1. Please see my comment on Such a Sissy. The days have been empty without Kaaren xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us now. Please take care and get healthy.
    gw3n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's wishing Kaaren a speedy and full recovery. thank you for your update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please pass on our best, wishing Kaaren a very speedy recovery.

    very kind regards

    Ms Alice and billie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear. Thankfully it sounds like Kaaren is through the worst of it. I hope she continues to improve and returns safely. Truth be told, I had been worries something happened, I look forward to her posts daily.

    ~Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I was worried

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for your quick recovery. Take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you lots of feel-better hugs. Get better and get back to your amazing self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the update!

    Get well soon, Kaaren!

    xoxoxo

    Christine

    ReplyDelete