Saturday, February 26, 2022

Another Update

When your loved one is in the hospital there is nothing more terrifying than a late night phone call from your doctor. I saw her name on the incoming call and I felt my heart stop!
I was shaking and already crying when I answered.
But the voice on the other end wasn't my doctor, it was my sweet husband!
He sounded better. He called to tell me that they were going to release him on Saturday and I just fell apart.
The tension and worry and fear all came pouring out of me all at once,
My friend Stacy rushed in to see what was wrong and immediately feared the worst.
"Is it Kaaren?"
Al I could do was nod .
I held out the phone to her and she reluctantly took it.
The look on her face when she heard "Kaaren's" voice was something I'll  never forget.
I finally got myself under control. I realized that i was upsetting my Sweetheart and I didn't want him to worry about me.
We spoke for a while and he told me that he really felt better and was glad to be coming home.
Then he gave the phone to the doctor who told me that he had really responded well to the antibiotics, his lungs were clear, and he would be much better off at home.
I've just come back from tucking him in. In his own bed. In his pretty nightgown.
He's doing so much better but he's clearly been through an ordeal.
But I think that the worst is behind him now. Behind us now.
Thank you all for your good wishes.

Mrs. K


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates! They're very much appreciated!

    xxxxxx

    Christine

    ReplyDelete