Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday Matinee - Ransom



"Please Father.....you have to pay him what he wants!!!!"
"What does he want Joe?"
"He says he wants a million dollars!!!! Father please....he's already done something to Frank.....he's....he's not Frank anymore,,,,he has some kind of machine....please Father....please I don't want to be changed!!!!"
"Changed? What do you mean Son....what happened to your brother....I don't understand...."
"He's changed him into a.....girl!!!! He's changing right in front of me!!!! He says he'll change me too and sell us to white slavers if you don't pay....."
"Surely it must be some kind of trick Son....no one can change someone like that...."
"Father I'm watching it happen right in front of me!!!! Please....please pay him what he wants!!!!"
"OK Son....tell him I want to speak to him."
"He wants to talk to you...."
The kidnapper took the phone....
"So what's it going to be Dixon....do you want them back or do I make my money elsewhere...."
"Let me tell you something about those boys....I went to war....and I was away from home for four years and when I returned my wife informed me that I had two sons aged 2 and 3 years old....they were obviously not mine....I have tried over the years, but to be honest, I feel nothing for either of them....so do whatever you want with them.....but I will come after you and I will catch you as sure as my name is Detective Franklin W, Dixon!!!!"
"I'll sell them to the slavers.....I swear I will...."
"And I'll kill you for doing it, but you're not getting a dime from me!!!!"
"I'm going to turn the machine on your other son right now....I mean it!!!"
"I believe this discussion is finished.....good bye!"
And the line went dead....

The two girls clung to each other as the bidding moved up into the hundreds of thousands of dollars and no one recognized the great detective in the back of the room keeping an eye on the boys....girls!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment