Thursday, April 23, 2020

Nostalgia

Scenes from my past come back to me all the time....but now I see them through my sissy lens and I wonder.....
My father's youngest sister....my Aunt Patty....was the free spirit of the family....
She was the one that scandalized everyone at Holiday dinners with her off-color humor....and her daring way of dressing....
She fueled many of my fantasies when I was young....and yes I knew it was wrong....even then I knew but I really didn't care!!!
She was the one I bonded with and I know she liked me the best of all the younger kids....she actually told me that on more than one occasion!!!!
She visited with us many times a year....to the point that, when we moved to a bigger house, she had her own room there....
I explored Aunt Patty's room often and I tried on just about everything she would leave there....and she would hint....sometimes very heavily....that she knew that I had been in her things....she never did it in front of my father....thank god....I had enough abuse from him as it was....
She always joked about me being a girl....or being her girlfriend....I would blush and she would hug me and laugh....
I always loved to hear her laugh....even if it was sometimes at my expense....
She died before I turned twenty....before she turned forty....and I try not to remember her as she was during those last days....I far prefer to remember her as she was, when she would throw open her arms and hug me tight....
I wonder now about the many times she would call me to her room and I would find her in her undies.....
"Don't be shy", she'd say, "It's just us girls here after all!!!!"
I wonder what she saw in me, or about me, that made her so sure I would be a girl like her?
I don't think it was just teasing.....I think on some level she knew....I wish she was here today so I could ask her....
And she wore beautiful undies....











2 comments:

  1. So interesting she knew... ;) kiss, sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman Kaaren. Some people play such a huge part in shaping who we become, you are lucky to have known such a person.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete