Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday Matinee - The Green Man



He had felt it ever since he could remember.....something was wrong....
He had looked into all that modern science could offer and found it seriously lacking...
There had to be an answer.....if natural science didn't have the answer then maybe the answer was in the supernatural world....
He had traveled from Bangor to Bangkok following leads.....each had ended with bitter disappointment.....
He had heard the rumors regarding the Green Man....and as soon as he could he arranged a trip to the rural English countryside.....
The local folk were very wary of dealing with him....until he opened his wallet.....it was amazing what a five pound note could do for a faulty memory....
"Sure.....I seen him when I was a lad.....he offered me anything I wanted....but I was scared and I ran home....."
"Oh he's real alright.....he's out there in the wood just waiting to take another innocent soul...."
"No I've never seen him.....but I know he's there....I never go out into the wood alone...."
The patrons of the pub all had their stories about the Green Man....
It made him sure that this might be the path to the fulfillment of his wish....
He set out from the Inn at dusk, despite the plea's of the Innkeepers to reconsider....and he went into the wood.....
He knew from looking at the maps that the area was very large.....miles and miles of trees and nothing....
He took his time.....he wanted the entity to come to him....
He made as much noise as he could as hiked miles into the dark woods....
He began to whistle a tune as he walked and soon he thought he heard a whistle answering his....
"Hello...." he shouted into the darkness.
The other whistle stopped abruptly.....
"You have sought me out Mortal.....why do you search for me?"
"Are you the Green Man?"
"I have been called many names...."
"Is it true that you have the power to grant wishes?"
"It is true.....but all wishes have consequences....2 follows 1.....it has always been thus...."
"I understand.....but I must have my wish fulfilled or I will lose my mind....it has driven me since I was a boy......can you grant me a wish?"
"You've been warned......wishes have consequences.....every wish must be paid for....Do you agree to those terms Mortal?"
"If you can make my dream come true then I agree to any terms you may have.....better to live a few moments as the woman I so wish to be....than spend even another minute as the false man that I am....."
"State your wish Mortal...."
"I want to be a woman.....real and complete....with all the joys and despairs that ensue from that.....I abhor the idea of being a false, part woman......I want to be desired by all men and women..."
"There is a price to pay for such a transformation...."
"I'll pay any price....I don't care what it is...."
"You should exercise caution Mortal.....don't sell yourself so freely..."
"I don't care about anything else.....I want to be a woman!!!!"
"Very well....I grant you your wish....but you must fulfill your wish to be a woman....you must lie with a man before the dawn or else you must pay me the price....you will stay in my woods for a hundred years!"
"I want to be the most desirable woman in the world.....if you fulfill your part of the bargain then I'm sure I can fulfill my part.....I have dreamed of having a lover between my legs since I could dream at all...."
"Very well Mortal.....it is done...."
He felt a vague fog come over him and when it cleared he was the woman he'd always dreamed of.....he ran his hands over his new body.....pleasure flooded through him....his dream had finally come true!!!!
But he remembered that he must lie with a man....before dawn...he had better head back to town....but which way was town....
He looked around and began to feel the panic.....lost....he was lost in the deep woods....how could he lie with a man if he couldn't find his way out....

The search had now stretched out for days.....no trace had been found of him....no one expected to find him....he was just another lost soul......
The old wood hid its secrets well....but he was there.....and he'd be there for the next hundred years.....










No comments:

Post a Comment