Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday Matinee - The Switcher



"Well Doctor....I can see why they call you "The Switcher".....I don't know how you did it so fast.....but it all feels right...."
"Oh yes....you were one of the easy ones.....once we found a matching body donor for you.....well it was much easier than my usual cases....that's why you've recovered so quickly....."
Tony Visconti stood there....looking down at his lifeless body.....what would the cops think when they found it.....then he looked in the mirror.....at the stunning blond woman staring back at him.....the cops could never connect the two....how could they....he was a completely different person now!!!! Not even the Feds would be able to figure it out.....the only person in the world who could put the finger on him was the Doctor....The Switcher!!!!!
"Now Mr. Visconti....oh forgive me....Miss Visconti.....about my fee...."
"That was half a million right....that's what we agreed on?"
"Yes sir....again I apologize....yes Ma'am!"
"Alright....it's a small price to pay for the freedom you've given me......that last heist netted me seventeen million so I don't think they'll ever stop looking for me....and just think how the trail will lead them to this brainless body in a garbage can....."
"Yes it is amusing....I wonder what they will make of the empty skull...."
"Your money is in that suitcase by the door.....I'm sure I can count on your discretion...."
"It will always be our secret Miss.....it will just be between you and me....."
"Just between you and me.....you know what Doctor....how do I know that you won't come back to me for more money in the future?"
"Oh no....I would never do that...."
"Well there's only one way to be really sure...the only real way to keep a secret is if only one person knows it....."
"What are you doing with that gun....no I'd never tell a soul.....please don't....you can keep the money!!!!"
"Yes I can keep the money....and I can keep my secret......goodbye Doctor...."
She squeezed the trigger and he collapsed in an expanding pool of blood.....
She picked up the suitcase and turned to leave just as the police burst in....
"So what do we have here....drop the gun Sweetheart.....you're under arrest!!!"
"No....what....how...."
"Not your lucky day lady....we were just walking by and heard the gunshot.....I don't know why you did it but I'm pretty sure you're going away for life...."
"Hey Sarge.....you better come over here and look in this garbage can.....I think this case just got complicated......"
"Damn....better get the lab boys down here....and take the little lady down to the station...."
"Sure thing Sarge...."













2 comments:

  1. Lovely twist, though he does get to end up in the women's prison, so that is something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this one....to be honest I wasn't thrilled with it....but I ran out of time and ideas all at the same time and had to go with it!
      I wrote this on Tuesday....fooled with it on Wednesday....re-edited it on Thursday and added that last twist on Friday....but no matter what I did I wasn't satisfied with it...
      But as long as you enjoyed it...well that makes it all worthwhile!!!
      Did you catch the one from the week before....now that one I was really pleased with!!!
      Hope you're doing better!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete