Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday Matinee - The C-Ray


 
 
 "So you see Jenkins.....an hour ago he was just some homeless man....no hopes, no dreams....and now he can have a completely new life...."
"By god Caruthers!!! I can't believe my own eyes!!! How is this possible?"
"Well it was something that German fellow said in his lecture last Spring....what was his name....Frankenburg or something....he was experimenting with the idea that cosmic rays were the essence of life itself.....of course the small minded fools hounded him out of the University....I understand he went back to Germany.....what was his name.....Frankenmeyer....well whatever it was....he planted the seed of an idea in my mind and what you're seeing now is that idea come to fruition!!!!
"Yes Caruthers....I remember that German chap....but everyone thought he was mad....I think I read something about him getting into some trouble with the authorities a while back....but he was talking about re-animating dead tissue.....not anything like this!!!!"
The man on the table moaned....a deep feminine sound that caught the attention of both men!!!
"The effect is nearly complete now Jenkins....soon she'll be a woman in every way...."
"This is fantastic....but I still don't understand the method...."
"Well like that German chap said....I started working based on the assumption that cosmic rays were the essence of life....But as I studied the rays themselves I realized that they could be filtered and bent to perform specific tasks.....I discovered quite accidentally the effect you're seeing now....and I realized I could use it to help the poor dregs of humanity to start again....in a whole new life...."
"I realize that this poor soul's life will be changed....but how will he be better off....he'll still be poor and homeless...."
"Don't you see Jenkins....he'll be someone that society won't ignore....he may end up in a palace or a brothel but at least he'll be somewhere he can be appreciated as a human being!!!"
"Is he the first one?"
"Hardly the first.....but with each new one to submit to the ray I learn more and make the adjustments so that the next will be better....in fact he's the fourteenth!!!"
"My god Caruthers....fourteen!!!! Do you keep track of them?"
"Of course I do....two are baronesses.....one is a Countess....and the rest are whores!!!!"
"Whores....you've turned them into whores!!!! My god man....how could you?"
"Better that they should die in some alley of hunger and disease? They're living well in well-run houses....with kind and generous Madams looking out for their safety....in fact this one here is bound for Madam Lucille's Salon on Saville Row where she'll rub shoulders....so to speak....with the top businessmen in all of England!!!!"
"So you're taking them from misery to a better life?"
"Now you see what I've been trying to tell you Jenkins....."
"This is mind boggling....what do you call this new invention?"
"I call it....The C-Ray!!!"
"Named for the cosmic rays...."
"Oh no....not at all...."
"My god man surely you didn't name it the cu...."
"Of course not Jenkins.....I transform downtrodden men into beautiful women....I'm not some foul-mouthed street ruffian!!!!!"
Then what?"
"It's called the Caruthers Ray, of course, or the C-Ray for short!!!"
"Ah I see...."
"So Jenkins....any other questions?"
"Well....only one....but I hesitate to ask...."
"I'm sorry Jenkins but if you want her you'll have to bargain with Madam Lucille...."
"No it's not that at all.....I was just wondering.....if you could use it on me next?"
"I was pretty sure that's what you'd want old friend....that's why I invited you here today....I'd be happy to give you a whole new life!!!!"
"I can hardly wait!!!!"











2 comments:

  1. Apparently Jenkins is so sort of time lord!

    Great story, as usual. So much fun to read these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured that Jenkins and Caruthers should get to know one another....I like to think of them as old friends!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete