Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday Matinee - Sacrifice


 
 
 "Did it work?"
"Beyond my wildest dreams!!!"
"He's been transformed completely?'
"Completely....and he turned out quite beautiful too!!!"
"I'd love to see the results...."
"Come with me to the cells....I'm sure you'll be happy with her!!!"
They walked down several levels to the dungeons under the ancient palace....past the cells where the failures languished in physical and mental torment in the horrid misshapen forms they had been molded into.....many of them begging for death as the men walked by!!!
"I hate coming down here.....why do you keep them here....why not just dispose of them?"
"That would be wrong...."
He almost laughed.
"That would be wrong!!! You took these poor souls against their will and experimented on them!!!! You turned them into....abominations.....and yet you say that disposing of them would be wrong!!!!"
"I don't expect you to understand.....I have done what I've done for the good of humanity....these few were guides that led me to perfecting the technique.....and just in time as well....the sacrifice must be made by tomorrow at noon or we're doomed....you know that...and where was I going to find an adult woman here to sacrifice to a god that only accepts virgins...."
"Surely there were naturally born women who remained virgins until they came of suitable age...."
"Every family on this world knows about the sacrifice.....there isn't a girl on this world who remains a virgin for very long.....you have two daughters....is either of them a virgin?"
"Of course not....I wouldn't want to give either of my daughters in sacrifice!!!"
"So you realize then that I had to create a woman, full grown yet still pure.....and this was the only way I could do it....."
They stopped at the last cell....two guards stood at rigid attention on either side of the metal door.....
He produced a key and dismissed the guards.....
"I'm going to sedate her....it wouldn't do at all to have a hysterical woman on the sacrificial altar with all those cameras rolling...."
"Of course....you've really thought of everything!!!!"
"Once in a century ye shall offer a virgin....to calm his terrible wrath! We have archaeological evidence of past civilizations on our world being completely destroyed....I wouldn't want that to happen to us...."
"Nor would I!!!"
He turned the key and pulled open the heavy door......she was lying in a corner....and she was lovely to behold ....a lithe young body and a beautiful face!
She lay there silently with her eyes closed....her breasts rose and fell with her breathing and both men were instantly aroused....
He moved closer with the syringe to keep her like this until the time of sacrifice....as he leaned over he noticed the spots of blood on her thigh....in a moment he knew....he knew that the end of the world had come....
She opened her eyes and laughed....
"Really....you made me into this ultimate object of desire and you left men....big virile men to guard me....you're not as smart as you think you are.....I will not be sacrificed now or ever!!!"
"What have you done!!!! You've doomed us....all of us.....why would you do this...."
"I don't care about the world.....it never cared about me....and if it took the end of all we know....as long as it meant the end of you....it was worth it....."
The two men fell to their knees sobbing as she laughed....
"Cry all your tears now you evil bastard....for tomorrow your world dies!!!!



 














2 comments:

  1. Honestly, that is a great story! Very Lovecraftian. Well, not written like H.P. since he was a much more stilted writer, but very much something he'd write!

    Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee....there were a few inspirations for this one and indeed Mr. Lovecraft's old ones was a part of it....
      I intentionally steered clear of what would destroy them or how it would happen....
      If you ever read the novelette "Nightfall" by Isaac Asimov there's a little bit of that in there too about a society that has a history of being destroyed over and over at regular intervals...
      Then I thought about Virgin Sacrifices....if you lived in a society where only adult virgins would be sacrificed wouldn't you make it a point to pop that cherry as early as possible?
      And it all came together into the story above....
      I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!! It always makes me smile to know that you get it....
      More extra butter for your popcorn Dee....as much as you can take!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete