Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday Matinee - Field Guide


 
 
"I think it's done now..."
"Yes....I think you're right....thank goodness...."
"What do they want it for anyway?"
"I don't know for sure....some kind of breeding experiment I think..."
"They're going to breed these things....what for...."
"I can't imagine.....perhaps as pets....perhaps as food...."
"Oh they're far to horrifying to  keep as pets....I mean what kid would want one of these curled up at his feet?"
"I know....and they're bipeds too....so they'd be difficult to ride...."
"Maybe food then?"
"They don't really seem to have that much to offer in that area either....just look at all that fat and they're just full of bones.....and honestly....could you bring yourself to eat a creature like that!!!"
"Then what do you suppose they're going to do with it?"
"Well there had to be some reason they specified that we capture a female....they were very clear on that...it had to be a female...."
"Do we have to go over this again....how was I supposed to know which was which...."
"If you had taken along the copy of the Field Guide to Exotic Life like you were supposed to, then we wouldn't have had any problems..."
Well the Scrambler is nearly done reconfiguring it....by the time we land no one will be the wiser that I took a male instead...."
"I suppose you're right....but I see that bit of cloth on its lower abdomen....what's under there?"
"I don't know....every picture in the Field Guide showed them covered like that....so I just left everything as it was.....better safe than sorry..."
Well other than that I'd say we've done a great job....I thought it would never stop changing!!!"
"And all that screeching it did....I've never heard anything like it...."
"You don't suppose.... "
"What?"
"No its too horrible to even consider..."
"What's too horrible?"
"They said breeding experiments....you don't suppose they want to breed them....with us?"
"Oh my god!!! No that can't be it....they couldn't want anyone to breed with these...these things....that flies in the face of every moral....I mean.....I....that would be bestiality!!!"
"Yes I'm sure you're right there....but there has to be a reason why they wanted a female specimen.....I wonder....."
"We'll be landing in a few hours and then we'll find out....but if they want me to breed with that thing in there I'm going to hit the flush button on the Scrambler and get rid of it!!!"
"I couldn't agree more!!!"
 

 











1 comment:

  1. Definitely saw the story coming, and it was still a delight to read! Love your witty retorts and the complete feel of it. Sort of like a perverted Simpsons!

    ReplyDelete