Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Day Matinee - The Christmas Wish - A classic rerun

Of all of the Matinee posts I've done over the years....easily over a  hundred....this one is my favorite of them all.....I think of it as my own classic Christmas tale....so if you watch reruns of Christmas stories and listen to the same songs over and over....perhaps you'll
enjoy reading this one again.....enjoy it and Merry Christmas!!!




 "It's getting late Honey....don't you have somewhere to be....it's Christmas Eve and I'd like to get home to the wife and kids...."
"No....I've got nowhere to go....nobody waiting for me....for the first time in my life I'm all alone...."
"That's too bad Honey....but I'd really like to close up early tonight....you know...Christmas..."
"Don't tell me about Christmas....it's Christmas that's left me here....alone..."
"Awww c'mon Honey....pretty little thing like you must have somebody waiting for you..."
"I did once but I gave it all away....I gave it all away...."
A bartender knows when a customer needs to talk....in that way they're better than almost all psychologists....he put a fresh beer down in front of her...lit her cigarette and waited for her story....
"Once upon a time there was a man....he had everything...a successful career...a beautiful home....a wife who loved him and a couple of wonderful kids...."
"But even with all of that he wasn't happy....he felt that he had missed out on the life he wanted..."
She took a sip of her beer and looked at the barman....
"Are you happy with your wife and kids? No regrets?"
"Sure....I only wish I could spend more time with them....but I gotta work....gotta put food on the table...you know!!!"
"Oh yes....I know....anyway....the man in my story ...he put food on the table...as you said...but he had a secret....and he kept it from his wife....he kept it from everyone...you see he liked to wear girls clothes....bras, panties, dresses....that sort of thing....and he was so careful that no one ever suspected....no one ever caught him...."
"Then one day while he was on the internet looking at other men who liked to wear women's things there was a pop-up ad for a product that would let you live your fantasy....he was skeptical but he clicked on it anyway....and it led him down a dark path...into a world of black magic....but he was determined to live his fantasy....even if it was only momentary...."
The bartender refilled her beer....he'd forgotten about the time...it wasn't often that he got really interested in a drunks story....but she was so pretty and she sounded so sad that he couldn't help but lean in to hear her soft voice tell the rest of the tale....
"He paid a lot of money and in return he received a copy of a ritual....an arcane bit of magic that would make him into what he most wanted to be...."
The bartender leaned close....
"Into a woman,,,,"
"Yes into a woman....but as his fantasy was fulfilled he didn't realize all that would be undone....he lost the love of the woman he'd married.....in fact she had married someone else....and his children ceased to exist,,,,they didn't die mind you....they just never were...and his career had never been his....his life before the transformation had been erased...."
"That's tough Honey....what happened to him after that?"
"He wandered through the world.....it was very different to be a woman....and he waited for the spell to dissipate....but it never did....he was a woman for now and forever....but I've been bending your ear for too long....let me just finish this beer and I'll be on my way...."
"It's you isn't it? The story is about you....where are you gonna go....it's Christmas Eve and it's snowing and everyplace else is closed up tight...."
"Sure....it was me....I got what I wanted....I got it good and hard....I don't know where I'll go...maybe I'll just sit down somewhere and let the night take me...."
"Why don't you come home with me Honey?"
"What about your wife and kids...."
"Haven't had them since that Christmas when I wished I could be a man...."
"You mean you...."
"Just like you Honey.....maybe this was meant to be....come home with me and we'll share this Christmas Eve together...."
"I'd like that....I think that I'd like that very much!!!!"






 

No comments:

Post a Comment