Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday Matinee - One Wish



Yes I had one wish....
The woman I loved really had no use for men, she preferred the company of women...
I had no chance to be with her.....and I came to curse the fact that I was a male....
I watched as she had short romances with some of the girls from the trapeze acts or the magicians assistants....but none of them was what she was looking for....
The two of us sat one night after the townies had gone home, we shared a pint of rotgut whisky I had carried around since I joined the Carny....
After a while she became a little looser....and she told me what she wanted....
She wanted a redhead with smooth pale skin.....and bright red lips....who would dress in the most outlandish fashions....
She passed out soon after....and I ended up finishing the bottle by myself....
A shimmering of light caught my attention.....it started in the empty bottle and then spread....and soon there was an apparition standing before my alcohol clouded eyes...
"Who are you!!!!"
"It's not important who I am.....I've been trapped in that damned bottle for over twenty years...."
"What are you....some kind of genie or something?"
"Yeah....I'm a genie or something kid....it's a Carny thing and I don't think you're old enough to understand.....so listen.....I'll grant you one wish and then I've got to go, I'm twenty years late for a hot date!!!!"
"One wish!!! I thought you were supposed to give three...."
"C'mon kid.....I haven't had any action in twenty years just make your wish so I can get out of here!!!"
"Alright....give me a minute!!!!"
I thought it over, looked at her sleeping beside me, and decided....
"I want to be the type of person she'll fall in love with...."
"Going to need a  little more than that kid...."
"Well, I'll have to be a girl....because she only likes girls...."
"Oh....do go on you've suddenly caught my interest!!!!"
"She likes them pale....and with bright red lips.....oh and she wants them to be redheaded also....."
"Is that all?"
"That's all she told me...."
"I can do that....all you have to do is say "That is My Wish" and it will be so...."
"That is my wish!"
The world swirled around me and I could feel the changes....
What can I say.....the genie or whatever it was was an old Carny spirit.....and it actually did follow my instructions....I got the red hair and the bright red lips.....and appearances to the contrary I was most definitely not male anymore!!!!
The funniest part was that she woke up next to me in the morning, both of us badly hungover and she fell in love with me.....and we've been together ever since....























No comments:

Post a Comment