Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday Matinee - Murder Most Foul




Detective Jack Stone surveyed the scene.....this one was going to be messy.....he wasn't going to have much time till the Feds got here.....dammit.....why did all this crap happen on his tour.....three more hours and he'd be hearing about it but it wouldn't be his case....but here he was....
The Prince was lying in  a pool of blood....he'd been stabbed repeatedly.....his pants were down around his ankles and he actually had a rubber on.....looked like he wasn't expecting his night to end so suddenly....
There was plenty of things scattered around the room.....but he took special note of the woman's shoe lying near the doorway!!!!
He figured whoever she was, she left in a big hurry, she didn't even stop to get her shoe!!! He sent a couple of uniformed officers to scout the surrounding area for the other shoe, but he doubted they'd find it....this lady wasn't stopping for anything.....
He tried to picture it in his mind.....the Prince....a known womanizer....invites a lady to his room....they fool around a bit and the Prince decides the time is right and slips the rubber on....turns back to her to continue,,,,,and sees the knife just moments before she stabs him mercilessly....over and over.....and as he slips to the floor she flees....losing one of her shoes as she runs.....but she doesn't stop, or even pause as she takes flight....
The Prince's staff said he was only out of their sight for three quarters of an hour before they found him like this....all they could tell him was that she was a tall brunette...
He picked up the shoe and looked it over....under the strap in the front there was a small spot.....could that be blood.....maybe her shoes were a little too tight....he bagged it as evidence and put it in his car just as the Feds arrived....
As he expected they took over the crime scene without so much as a hello....he had never had much luck when dealing with the G-Men.....they took everything you had on a case and never shared what they had.....
But not this time.....Jack Stone smiled and nodded as they re-secured the crime scene he had secured an hour ago.....then they started barking out orders, behavior that used to annoy him but now only amused him....
It was theirs now so he hopped into his car and headed back to headquarters....
He found Dr. Tanaka still at work in the crime lab and asked him if he could test the spot on the shoe for DNA and let him know ASAP.....and to keep it to himself if the Feds came knocking.....
"It might take a couple of days..."
"I need it tomorrow.....if you can...."
"I'll see what I can do....."
"Can't ask for better than that Doc.....this one is big....international big.....and I want to get the jump on the Bureau this time...."
"I'll call you tomorrow...."
"Thanks Doc!!!!"
He went back to his office and looked up the Prince's history.....
Born to royalty he took advantage of his status in every way he could......always the best for him....and he seemed to take particular pleasure in his affairs with married women...he wasn't discrete and he enjoyed making their husbands into public cuckolds...and then he would dump the woman and move on to his next conquest....he had dozens of people who would love to see him dead.....
So he had a large pool of suspects....many of them living outside the country....beyond his reach....he ran a check through the fed customs database for any of them that had entered the country recently.....he was surprised the Bureau boys hadn't locked this down yet....and he only had one hit.....Alexander Ellers....his wife had a very public, very torrid affair with the Prince who left her, half naked, in a hotel lobby in Prague...
She had been on the front page of every paper in Europe and the relentless paparazzi and public humiliation had finally driven her to take her own life....
It was enough to drive a man to murder....but the shoe told him his killer was a female so he spent the entire night going through every case where the Prince had wronged a woman...so badly that she might consider murder....
He fell asleep at his desk and when he woke he tried to hold onto the dream he'd had....a Prince kneeling down with a shoe....but then...it was gone....
He looked at his phone and saw that the Feds had left several messages....all of them related to the shoe he'd removed from the crime scene.....he could ignore those....a call from his wife just to check if he was coming home....and a call from Doc Tanaka!!!!
The Doc told him that he was surprised by the results.....
"Tell me Doc....."
"The blood was not the victim's.....the blood was also not from a female, which surprised me at first because the only way that blood could have been deposited there was if the blood came from the person wearing the shoe...."
"So you're saying it was a man wearing the shoe?"
"Exactly.....but not just any man....I ran his DNA against a European database and I can tell you with 99.99% certainty that it belongs to a man named Alexander Ellers...."
"Thanks so much Doc.....remember....not a word to the feds...."
"OK Detective...."
He immediately put out a "Be On The Lookout For" Mr. Ellers and had the IT people search the hotel registries.....
Ellers was staying at the Ritz Hilton and he left the office in a hurry....he took a couple of uniforms with him....
"I just want to talk to him so we're going in easy...."
The officers nodded but they still put on all of their tactical gear....
They checked at the desk and as far as they knew Mr. Ellers was in his room....
He rapped on the door....."Open up....Police!!!!"
The door opened and he was surprised to find a stunning brunette smiling at him....
"Yes Officer.....may I help you?"
"I'm looking for Alexander Ellers......where is he?"
"Right here Officer....I'm Alexander Ellers.....and if you want to know....I killed that pig bastard and I'm glad I did!!!!
"You....you're Alexander Ellers?"
"My wife indulged my crossdressing from even before we were married.....we both enjoyed it....then he came into our lives.....he poisoned her mind just as much as he soiled her body.....I couldn't save her when he cast her aside, like garbage.....when she killed herself I swore he would pay......so I put myself in his way.....I made myself into the woman he wanted.....just the type he lusted after.....and he was so ready to take me that he already had the condom on.....then I pulled up my skirt and showed him that I wasn't the poor slut he thought I was....he stared and stuttered.....and then I stabbed him....he looked surprised.....and I stabbed him more and more.....it felt wonderful....so go ahead.....take me in.....I don't care anymore.....I'm done!!!!"
The Feds showed up as he put him in the car and there was a brief argument about jurisdiction.....but this was his collar and he wasn't giving it up.....and honestly he momentarily considered driving out of town and just letting him go.....if there was ever a case of justifiable homicide, this was it!!!!!
He thought about Cinderella......in her case the shoe fit and led to happiness....he hoped that the revenge had given him enough happiness that would last through the life sentence....












4 comments:

  1. Such a great piece of writing! Definitely could have been a Law and Order SVU plot, which I think is a great compliment! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee.....you make me blush....I'm so happy you enjoyed it....it was another one of those little stories that got away from me....you know what I mean!!!
      It started out as a little riff on the Cinderella story but took a hard turn into a tale of homicide and justice....
      I thank you as always....you're the biggest and sometimes I think the only supporter of these Matinee posts....and I really appreciate the comments!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete
  2. The matinees are longer reads, but I agree with Dee. This one pulled me in and wouldn't let go. A wonderful story filled with great writing!
    ~ Alison ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alison.....I know I tend to get a bit "wordy" sometimes and have to remind myself that I'm not writing a novel....if you go back and read some of the others you might be able to spot the point where I had to slam on the brakes and cut to the end....
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment....all feedback is appreciated!!!
      Love
      Kaaren

      Delete