Thursday, March 21, 2019

That Secret

You had that secret crush on her all through the school years....
You weren't sure why but you just knew she was the girl for you....
But she was popular and you weren't......she was out of your league....in fact she didn't go out with anybody!!!!
Everybody always thought she must have a secret rich boyfriend from another school....
And then one day, in your Senior year, she was there....alone....just you and her and you told her that you had a secret.....that you had been in love with her since you first saw her....that she was the girl of your dreams.....and you asked her if a guy like you could ever have a chance with a girl like her!!!
She was quiet and then she told you that she had a secret too....

And all these years later you're still together....and you laugh at the way the secrets kept you apart!!!!














2 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder about high school and if we had anyone equipped like that back then. It certainly wouldn't be out in the open like it is today.

    And I know it makes me sound insecure as all hell, but I don't think it would bother me that much unless they were larger than I was. Or maybe i'd get over it. I'm definitely not the same person I was back in High School by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a girl in the second high school I went to...her name was Annette....I remember her so clearly....she was really pretty....but she was big....I don't mean fat or freakishly huge or anything...but she was big....and she kept to herself...she didn't mingle much....she wasn't aloof nut she was just a loner....she always smiled when I said hello but I knew that a pretty girl like her was not for the short scrawny likes of me....
      I've had my suspicions over the years since then and I actually had her in mind when I wrote this....and you're very right it was a different world in those days...
      Whatever happened to her I hope she is having a happy life wherever she is....and if by some incredibly remote coincidence she reads my blog...
      Thanks Annette....your smile was something I looked forward to every time I walked into that hellish place!!!!!
      Love
      Kaaren

      Delete