Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday Matinee - True Love



"Alright lady.....you said you have information on what happened to my friend Ronald....so talk....and it better be good,,,,I'm all out of patience!!!"
"Chandler!!!! Look at me!!!! Don't you know me? I felt sure that even after all the changes that you....my true love....would know me!!!"
The man paused....he looked closer at the woman....his hand slowly lowering the gun...
"Ronald? Is that you? How can it be.....how can you have changed like this...how could you have become a...a...."
"A woman? Chandler my love, I've loved you ever since I've known what love was....ever since we were young boys I've wanted to be with you....but our society....our world would never accept it....and I was never sure if you felt the same....do you remember the last time we met....at the...."
"At the Theater in the Park....of course I remember...."
"And do you remember what happened?"
"You, you told me you loved me....you...."
"I kissed you....I'd wanted to for years and that night....under the stars I decided it was now or never....and you jumped back as if a snake bit you....do you remember?"
"I do....but I was just so shocked....so surprised....I didn't mean to make you cry....I didn't want you to run away.....I've searched for you for all the years you've been gone...."
"I knew we could never be together like that....so I searched the world....I circled the globe several times chasing down possibilities.....rumors...until I found a Shaman in Central America who told me that he knew the deep magic that would give me what I wanted....his price was my service to him for three years....and I did things there in that damnable place....horrid unnatural things but he had been true to his word....the magic gave me what I wanted and I woke from that last dark night as a woman in every way!!!! And my first thoughts were of you...of my beloved Chandler....and I came back as soon as I could....there were complications and I may have done a few things I'm not too proud of....but I'm back now and I'm yours!!!!"
"I can't believe you did all that for me...."
"So we could be together....so we could share our lives together.....so I could be your woman...."
"But Ronald...."
"Oh my god, you're not already married are you? Has someone else stolen your heart while I was gone?"
"No Ronald....it's just that....that night....that, long ago night when you kissed me.....you ran away from me....but you didn't give me time to tell you...."
"What Chandler? Tell me what?"
"I was going to tell you that I loved you too and that I had been so afraid that you wouldn't love me back...."
"So now it's perfect....now we can be together for the rest of our lives....I'm so happy....why are you looking away? Aren't you happy too?"
"It's just....well Ronald....I'm just not attracted to women....I'm sorry but it could never work out between us now....."
Ronald stared a moment and broke down into sobs.....he clung to Chandler as his misery swept over him....
Chandler pushed him away....
"Maybe I'd just better go....maybe we'll talk another time...."
"Yes...go....I need to be alone....for a while.....we'll see each other again...."
Chandler heard the door click behind him as he walked down the hotel hallway....then he heard the sound....a gun shot!!!! Frantically he searched his pockets but the gun-was gone!!!
He raced back to her door and found her....exactly as he feared he would....and he picked up the pistol where it had fallen from her hand....and he paused for a moment...
"Yes Ronald, my love, we'll see each other again....I hope....

The neighbors reported that there was a second gun shot a few minutes after the first....the police wrote it up as a murder suicide.....and the case was closed.












No comments:

Post a Comment